- Construction Date 18 Feb 2016
- Location New Orleans, Louisiana
- Architect Studio NOVA A
- Owner Department of Veteran Affairs
- Scope of Work Plumbing, Medical Gas, Mechanical
- General Contractor Clark/McCarthy Healthcare Partners
- Category Government, Healthcare
Known as Project Legacy, this is a multi-building campus covering twelve city blocks totaling 29 acres. Buildings include Inpatient, Diagnostic and Treatment, Outpatient, Transitional Living and Rehabilitation, Research, Administration, Central Energy Plant and two separate parking structures. Total gross square footage of the project is approximately 1.6 million sq. ft. plus an additional 800,000 gsf of parking structure.
Project Legacy will create an environment that honors Veterans and their families. As a model for healthcare of the future, it will set the standards for patient-centered care, flexibility, and sustainability. The new campus will respect our neighborhoods, authentically reflect the culture of the region, and be the cornerstone for the emerging biosciences industry in New Orleans.
Nash Mechanical, LLC is responsible for the plumbing, medical gas, and mechanical services for this project.