- Location St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
- Architect Reynolds, Smith, & Hills, Inc.
- Owner Virgin Islands Port Authority
- Scope of Work Plumbing, Mechanical, and Fire Protection
- General Contractor Benton Construction Company, Inc.
- Category Transportation
A new air traffic control tower for the Federal Aviation Administration at the airport in St. Croix. This project was for the FAA, therefore, all federal guidelines must have been met in addition to the requirements of the US Virgin Islands. The Virgin Islands are classified as Seismic Zone 4 area and all equipment and piping installations on this project shall meet these stringent requirements. Our scope of work for this project included the plumbing, mechanical and fire protection The terminal was expanded from 76,000 to 181,000 square feet. The runway was also extended from 7,600 to 10,000 feet.