- Construction Date 18 Feb 2013
- Location Boca Raton, Florida
- Architect Gresham Smith & Partners
- Owner Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- Scope of Work Built on the east side of the existing hospital, this two-story, 56,000-square-foot addition brings state-of-the-art neurologic and neurosurgical care to the community
- General Contractor OHL/Arellano Construction Company
- Category Healthcare
The first floor includes a new entrance driveway, canopy, an entrance lobby and 9,000 square feet of neuroscience outpatient clinic space. The first floor also encompasses a gallery hall that guides patients, staff and visitors to the elevators, directly connecting them to the neurological unit on the second floor.
The 24,470-square-foot second floor includes an intraoperative MRI suite—one of only a dozen in the country and featuring the latest cutting-edge technology—as well as additional surgery suite space including two intraoperative operating rooms and an eight-bed PACU; eight neurointensive care rooms; and 12 step-down private rooms equipped with dual overhead booms and monitoring for proper servicing of medical gases and equipment outlets around the patient. Along with the MRI addition, there is a completely renovated imaging department on the existing hospital’s first floor. The renovation provided a Flash CT scanner, a chest room and a diagnostic radiography/fluoroscopy (RF) room.
All rooms included in the addition and renovation are equipped with special monitoring capabilities that provide vital information on patients’ neurological and cardiovascular functions. The institute’s critical care rooms include a family room, allowing family members close proximity to patients during extended stay.